Morroco is a beautiful African country situated in the Northern region. It is known for its vast natural resources and minerals. One popular component of Morocco that has garnered global sales is their red clay, otherwise known as “rhassoul clay”. It has a brownish-red color. It can only be found in the Atlas mountains of Morroco, and it contains numerous healing properties. Research shows that its unique mineral composition can be very beneficial for your hair and skin.
Rhassoul Clay Benefits For Hair
Your skin on your scalp contains sebum secretion. When this secretion is imbalanced, it can cause flakiness and irritation on your scalp. Dead skin cells also need to be properly exfoliated. That is where rhassoul clay can come into action. It can clear out your dead skin cells, which in turn creates space for your natural hair to grow. It also balances out the sebum secretion so dandruff can be fought off.
Rhassoul clay contains saponin contents. This content is commonly used in shampoos. It can also be singled out as a shampoo alternative. Plant materials also contain this natural cleansing agent. To create your own shampoo, just mix ghassoul clay with rose water until it becomes a paste. Add essential oils such as coconut oil and lavender oil. Continue to mix. Massage it into your wet hair and scalp, and then rinse it off. You will feel surprised as to how clean, soft, and healthy your hair feels.
Moroccan red clay is more well known for its use as a hair clay mask. It is a natural conditioner that will leave your hair feeling soft and silky. A component of sand that is called silica is in this clay. Silica is an exfoliant, and it can give your hair sheen.
Curly hair can make detangling a challenge. But with minerals such as sulfite and magnesium, rhassoul clay can make your hair more manageable. You deserve natural remedies that are not full of damaging toxins.
Rhassoul Hair Mask Recipe
To make a rhassoul hair mask that is unique to your hair texture, you will need these ingredients:
- Rhassoul clay powder
- Essential oils
Steps you should take:
- How thick you want your hair mask to be is up to you. On average rhassoul clay needs 2 tbsp. of warm water for every 1 tbsp.of clay powder. For 1 clay mask, you will need about 1 to 2 tablespoons of clay.
- Mix the warm water in. Make sure to get any lumps out so that it develops into a paste. Using a wooden spoon and bowl is best.
- Divide your hair into sections. Apply the mask generously starting at the roots of your hair and working your way to the ends. Wearing gloves is important during this process. The rich texture makes it hard to get off of your skin. Make sure your scalp is well covered as well.
- Let the mask permeate your hair. Put a cap on and keep the mask for 20 to 40 minutes. If you have some clay mask over, you can transform it into a face mask.
- Now it’s time to rinse it out. When rinsing your hair out you should make sure you are in the shower. Its thick texture makes it hard to get out of your clothes. Take your time to wash it all out. Once you are done, you don’t need to shampoo or condition. The clay mask serves as a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner.
Rhassoul Clay Benefits For Skin
Our skin can easily capture a lot of toxins and waste in the air. We live in a world where chemicals from manufacturing take a toll on our health. Human greed has placed capitalism over our livelihood. So keeping our skin detoxified is up to us.
Clays have detoxifying effects because they contain ions. Clogged pores can cause acne and breakouts. Morrocan red clay brings out the impurities and pollution from the pores in your skin.
When our skin has excessive oil, it can create pimples and blackheads. Moroccan clay soaks up the extra oil, leaving your skin feeling clean and refreshed.
Eczema and psoriasis have inflammatory effects on your skin. This can negatively impact the appearance of your skin. It gives you a look of discoloration. This might give the impression to others that you don’t wash your skin well when in actuality you might be suffering from a skin disorder. Mix rhassoul clay with some coconut milk and apply it to the affected areas. Leave it on to dry, and then wash it off to get some soothing relief.
Loose pores contribute to loose skin. This can cause premature wrinkling. Moroccan clay has natural astringent properties that can tighten your pores leaving your skin healthier and vibrant.
Rhassoul Skin Mask Recipe
A rhassoul skin mask is similar to a hair mask. The main difference is that less red clay is needed. It is simple to make and you can add your personal favorite essential oils to make it unique.
- One tablespoon of Rhassoul clay powder
- Two tablespoons of warm water
- Few drops of a esssential oil
Steps to take:
- You need 2 tbsp. of warm water for every 1 tbsp. of clay powder. Only one tablespoon of clay powder is needed for one face mask.
- Mix the warm water and clay thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add in your favorite essential oils. Only a few drops will suffice.
- Apply the mask with your fingers and allow it to dry. It should stay on your face for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off well with warm water.
Morrocan red clay contains aluminum and magnesium, so you should avoid using it if you have allergies to these minerals. You can purchase Moroccan red clay from most beauty and health food stores.
Rhassoul in Arabic means “to wash.” Their clay has been used by so many different cultures for thousands of years. If you are on this natural hair journey with limited funds, using this clay is a great way to go. It purifies, detoxifies, conditions, and smooths your hair and skin. You deserve to feel beautiful without overspending.
Any questions, comments, or concerns? Sound off below!
One thought on “Moroccan Red Clay Benefits”
Great site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get opinions from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Many thanks!